January 9, 2008

3 Days Down!

So this is day 3 and so far so good! I am doing great on this BFL (Body for Life)... But then again it only has been 3 days. I cut out chocolate and diet sodas (well all sodas) and those were my 2 biggest weeknesses.... So Im sitting in the break room today at lunch and a guy walks in (knowing I'm doing BFL) and goes to the snack machine and gets a snickers..... GRRRR!! I said now that is just not nice. He said oh this... don't worry its for the homeless guy laying outside in the cardboard box... I started laughing. I was like oh ok thanks! Then he walks out and is gone. So I finish my chicken salad sandwhich and walk out and there he is chowing down on it. I said hey wait a second, he said oh the homeless guy was asleep I didn't want to wake him.... WHATEVER!!!! Then he had the nerve to offer me some... PUTZZZ! But what a huge step for me I SAID NO!!! Chocolate is like my drug... SO all I have to do is SAY NO TO DRUGS RIGHT? So I started on Monday and I have lost 2 pounds already..... I have an obsession with the scale anyways. My morning routine, get out of bed, go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, start the water to get it hot, get on the scale. In that order! It never fails. I know you shouldnt get on it everyday, but I just can't help it. Im surprised I havent put one in the bathroom at work! So here is to 3 more days, since with BFL you do this for 6 days then get a free day! Yeah for me!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love body for life. I am a believer. Sadly, I never really stuck to it when I was doing it. But a lot of the methods and ideas have always stuck with me. I hope you got the cook book too because there are lots of yummy recipes in there. Our favorites are the Chicken fajitas and chicken tortilla soup. Good luck to you!! I always looked forward to the free days as well.

Stefany Pew said...

Good for you Heather! I forgot about that diet. What exactly do you do? Can you send me over some of the instructions? It's one of my goals, as always, to lose weight too.

Melissa said...

I'm going to have to check out Body for Life... it sounds like a pretty great program - and good job at turning down the chocolate!!

The Sullengers said...

I weigh myself everyday too - I look at it like if I weigh myself everyday then I stay motivated to see the weight drop. So I think it is perfectly normal to do it! Congrats on saying no - I need to learn that trick...

Chantri said...

oh dear sweet CHOCOLATE! It too is my worst sin! I went 3 months once without any and I was really doing well, not even really missing it, UNTIL we were at a family get together and my sister in law made "better than sex cake" and told me if I didnt eat it it would insult her....that was the end of that...I couldn't get back the will power! And it all goes down hill from there! thus I NEED to loose 30 pounds...really would love to loose 50... Maybe we should be buddy supports. Maybe...just maybe I'll give up chocolate as well. We can track our success, frustrations etc. with eachother and WE WILL BE LOOKIN GOOD IN NO TIME!...OKAY maybe like 6 mo...but thats a small price to pay for a lifetime of looking and feeling yuck.

Oh so I forgot to tell you that I do remember you!... I am so glad you commented so that we can keep in touch now. Your daughter is a doll!
What camera did you get? How exciting. I love my job...seriously its the best...and for a stay at home mom...couldn't get much better! Good luck!

Chantri said...

So I meant: a small price to pay for a lifetime of looking and feeling fantastic & not yucky!

Walker Family said...

I did it too...it works...but it is HARD work. I gave in after 7 weeks. But I saw remarkable change!! Good luck with it and STAY STRONG! Love ya!