So I have decided that TN has some CRAZY weather. The other week we were at like 70 degrees, so nice outside. Then on Feb 5th we got smacked with Tornadoes. This has been the worst one in over 12 years. It killed 32 or more (im not sure on the exact amount) people just in the state of TN alone.... If you have time, watch this video, it is about 4 min long and well worth the watch.. It made me cry.... It makes me so sad to know that people were killed by this.... The people in TN and all over the place have come together to help out people who lost everything in this storm. We are lucky we didnt get it up here, but I am sure our time is coming. They have just named TN the "Killer Tornado Alley." That is a scary thought. And I am sitting here thinking, what would I do if something like this were to come through here and Jason is gone?? Where would I go? Our bathroom is upstairs so that isn't safe. We have a half bath downstairs and a little closet. But other than that, I wouldn't know what to do. I wish they had some kind of storm shelter that we could run to or something. Oh well. Anyways here is the link to the video..




3 comments:
I've never lived through a tornado... but I can imagine that they would be frightening! I would ask around... maybe you could find someone with a better shelter in case of a tornado...
Hey chic. I could of swore I toldyou about the crazy weather down there before you left AK. I know when Todd was deployed and I still lived in KY we had a string of severe weather and tornado warnings out. I was so scared. Then I looked outside to see what was going on and it was quite...weird I thought. All I could hear was the sirens going off. Then all at once I heard a loud rumble and immediately grabbed up the girls and hid in the closet in my bedroom. The whole house shook and I could hear limbs hitting the house. I have never been so scared in my life. Like you I really had nowhere safe in my house. The floor plan was completely open. But I do know this....there are storm shelters in the area usually its going to be the courthouse or some federal building. Might want to call around to those places and check. Oh and another place you could go would be the mall believe it or not. Back home when the weather was real bad ppl would go to the mall and get in the middle of it. Sorry this is so long, just thought I'd pass along my knowledge of the storms that roll through there since I lived there for 28 years!!! Much love, Kim F.
Yike Heather... For sure find your "safe place" to go. Awesome pictures. You're getting really good. And Madison is cute as ever!
Post a Comment